Downton Abbey Obsession

So I have a book coming out in just less than one month. February 6. YAY. There are all sorts of thing authors need to do to prepare for a book launch. But while I should be thinking of my book,LizEverly_SaffronNights

I am actually thinking about Downton Abbey. Okay, much can be said about the lovely costumes, the great writing, and the fine acting.  All of that is true. I love watching the wealthy woman and all their clothes, but I always really enjoy the downstairs bunch, who are leading lives that are just as complicated and fascinating. Probably more so.

And to be honest when I say I’m thinking about Downton Abbey, what I’m really thinking about is Dan Stevens as Matthew Crawley and how he has wormed his way into my kinky little heart.

dan+stevens+downton+abbey+matthew+crawley

From the start, I was quite like Mary in that I didn’t really like him. I wouldn’t like the feeling that I HAD to marry someone because I was an heiress. And he seemed sort of ambivalent himself. Then, of course, he was engaged to another woman until she died. I’d never been so glad to see a character offed in my life.

But there really was no other way to get rid of Lavinia. It had to be done if Matthew and Mary were to be married. That narrative arc came together last night very nicely. We get little shots of them in bed together—which has done my obsession no good. At all. The other thing that has not done my obsession good at all is this article in the Sun,  which talks about the Downton Abbey guys wearing period underwear and how it doesn’t really “contain a chap at all.” Oye.

Now, how is a red-blooded American erotic romance writer supposed to concentrate on this (exciting as it is):

LizEverly_SaffronNights

When this is playing in her mind?

th

Quite distracting, isn’t he? Sigh.

Any Downton Abbey fans out there?

• tallulahrose
    January 8, 2013 at 6:45 am

Lol… I once lived very close to Highclere Castle and often walked in the grounds… Have just watched the recent Christmas episode and all I can say is Oh Dear !!!!!

• ellaquinnauthor
    January 8, 2013 at 7:31 am

I’ve never watched it. I was either in Europe or it came on too late. I’ll have to get the DVDs. But OMG, I didn’t know you were Liz! Congratulations on your book!

• madelineiva
      January 8, 2013 at 8:39 am

Liz converted me. I think I watched it on Hulu Plus. This message popped up at one point–it said something like “You’ve been sitting here for hours and hours. Do you want to keep watching?” Seriously.

• tallulahrose
        January 8, 2013 at 8:50 am

Lol…. I just love that comment…. “Yes and can you fetch me a coffee please”…xx

• LizEverly
    January 8, 2013 at 10:19 am

How wonderful to live near the castle–any castle actually. I’m fascinated by them. Ella, you must see them. (thanks so much on the congrats for my book, btw.) This series is one of the most popular in Masterpiece history. Did you ladies read the article about the underwear? Imagine!

January 8, 2013 at 11:02 am

Everyone I know who knows me is SHOCKED AND APPALLED that I haven’t seen this show! I’m getting seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix and sitting down for a marathon session. This is my assignment and I choose to accept it. 🙂

• LizEverly
        January 8, 2013 at 12:33 pm

You won’t be sorry!

• madelineiva
          January 10, 2013 at 3:44 pm

They actually showed the first episode of season three at a local theatre in my town. ;>