Friday Fun: Sexy Movies

by C. Margery Kempe

What are your favourite sexy films? What does it take to get you in the mood on movie night?

Okay , it’s noir, so you know not everyone’s going to come out of it well but oh my are the scenes between Turner and Hurt hot hot hot.

There’s not actually any sex in this film, but there’s such a sensuality built into the story, yum.

This romance isn’t to everyone’s taste, but those who love it, adore it.

And of course, my inspiration! Anaïs provides plenty of oohs here.

No sexy list would be complete without Joanne Harris’ lovely Chocolat. Mmmm!

What would you add to the list?

Hey, What’s Your Number?

Age Is Just A Number Baby

Lord of the Ropes

• abbiefoxton
    May 3, 2013 at 7:11 am

Body Heat, yes, wow – had forgotten about this one. Bright Star’s director Jane Campion gave us some sensual tension in The Piano also – no one can finger a whole in a stocking quite like Harvey Keitel. Food movies – Tampopo’s egg and langoustine romp in a Japanese hotel room is delicious.

• cmkempe
      May 3, 2013 at 7:16 am

Oooh, yes! Tampopo! I remember dragging my friend to Little Tokyo immediately after. If he’d been a different sort of man, I might have skipped the noodles 😉

• Kemberlee Shortland
    May 3, 2013 at 7:19 am

For me, Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love. It’s incredibly beautiful, sensual, and dramatic —

• cmkempe
      May 3, 2013 at 10:09 am

I haven’t seen that — I will have to look it up. I’m sure my sweetie would be willing 🙂

May 3, 2013 at 9:10 am

Mmmmm . . . Chocolat and Johnny Depp. Absolutely delicious. What’s not to love?

• cmkempe
      May 3, 2013 at 10:10 am

Indeed — the Rachel Portman soundtrack is just glorious, too. In fact I think I’ll play it now while I grade.

• madelineiva
    May 3, 2013 at 10:42 am

Body Heat n Bright Star were so good — For sexy fun I also like Bound, Out of Sight, and Miami Vice. There’s got to be a real art to getting a sex scene just right so it creates that supercharge-tickle in the audience’s belly. I HATE it when I’m watching a movie and one actor is putting out that vulnerability and lost in the moment squishy-ness and the other actor is NOT.

Just saw Silver Linings Playbook on DVD last night n thought that Jennifer Lawrence had to pull more than her fair share of the sex/chemistry/romance in that movie. But that may be a very contentious thing to say — so if you disagree, bring it! I can take it. 🙂

• cmkempe
      May 3, 2013 at 10:59 am

Ooooh, yes — Bound! I haven’t seen Miami Vice and Out of Sight seemed to lack chemistry for me. I cannot bear to see Bradley Cooper’s smug face, so I wouldn’t be surprised about SLP. Jennifer Lawrence rocks.

• madelineiva
        May 4, 2013 at 11:37 am

Thank you! I’m glad I’m not the only one who was totally meh about him and yes–his smug face.

• cmkempe
    May 6, 2013 at 10:01 am

Reblogged this on C. Margery Kempe and commented:

What are your favorite sexy films?