Kirk or Spock?

by Madeline Iva

Pepsi or Coke? Logolas or Aragorn? (Or are you one of those weirdos out there who prefers Frodo?) We women really seem to line up on different sides when it comes to the types of men we like. Why is that?  Does it all come down to the guys who thrill vs. the guy who’s chill?

Of course Spock.

Spock's hittin' it

Spock’s hittin’ it

Of course Legolas–but I have a sneaking suspicion you won’t agree with me.  [Fist pump with my sisters out there who do.]

Chris Pine you are fine.

Chris Pine you are fine.

My first crush was on Spock. (I won’t even tell you what movie.)  And I’ve been faithful ever since.

Original Spock--accept no substitutes.

Original Spock–accept no substitutes.

And I’d bet money that those women out there who prefer Kirk would also prefer Aragorn.  Don’t know why, it’s just a gut feeling.

--And we--love. Men who talk. Using strange...pauses. In their speech.

–And we–love. Men who talk. Using strange…pauses. In their speech.

The latest Star Trek is coming out.  [Let the summer movie extravaganzas begin!] I’ll be interested in seeing it because I don’t know…ladies, I may be jumping ship.

While Spock’s getting it on with Uhura, I’m going to be checking out a third dark horse in the race for yumminess: Bones.Hot!

Karl Urban was recently in a not-too-bad reboot of the Judge Dredd franchise.  He’s cute, people.  Have you noticed that? And I’m saying that after watching him play Dredd–where we never saw his face.  His side kick was kinda okay too btw.

Damn it Jim, Karl's hawt.

Damn it Jim, Karl’s hawt.

So you tell me in the comments below — Kirk or Spock? (Or have you been reading fan fic where they *ahem* are both together?) Who’s open minded out there and willing to toss Bones into the ring as a contender?

Oh wait! You know what–they should call this movie STAR TRECK: VOYAGE INTO EXPONENTIAL HOTNESS.  Because hey look–Benedict Cumberbach is playing the bad guy.  And B.C. –if you’ve been following the BBC’S SHERLOCK — he’s just riveting.Benedict

So you know where I’ll be Friday night.  Meanwhile, if you’re home over the weekend and you’d rather stay inside in front of your own TV to watch some action adventure, here are two DVD’s to check out:

Dredd — as I told you, it’s not. that. bad.  Harsh, with cool slo-mo effects and a great villian-ness.

Dredd and his girly side-kick.

Dredd and his girly side-kick.

I thought that Lena Headey (see my Bad Mommy post) was an awesome–practically stole the movie.  Funnily enough her character’s name was ‘Mama’.

Lena rocks it as the villain--of course.

Lena rocks it as the villain–of course.

Check out John Carter as well.  It got panned quickly for no real good reason that I can see.  Really, it’s just fine.  And the princess isn’t a size zero–that was refreshing.  It’s long though,–so make sure to settle in with a snack–but it’s honest, bouncing fun.  Makes up for the last few wretched Star Wars flicks.

Johnny Boy & a princess

Johnny Boy & a princess

Remember you can follow this blog — just hit the button to your right. 🙂

Sexy Saturday Round Up

Don’t Call Me Darlin’

Sexy Saturday Round Up

• sarannadewylde
    May 16, 2013 at 4:07 am

Karl Urban has been delicious in everything. I especially enjoyed him in Riddick and DOOM. Yeah, I liked DOOM. A lot. I admit it. I may go watch it now.

And maybe it’s tarty of me, but I like Spock AND Kirk. I don’t want to choose.

• madelineiva
      May 16, 2013 at 8:42 am

I LOVED Riddick — but I’m still connecting the dots about his climb, because I don’t remember him as HIM from the film. DH just pointed out he was the bad guy and the beginning of Bourne Supremacy — and suddenly it clicked. I remembered him from that, he definitely stood out.

I don’t think it’s tarty of you at all.

And I’ll have to check out Doom — I mean, I’ve seen every version that’s come out so far, but obviously I missed this latest one.

• Kemberlee Shortland
    May 16, 2013 at 5:13 am

Spock all the way.

The difference between Kirk and Spock is the same difference between men who are charming vs the charmer —

The charmer is a chancer. He sexy and he knows it. He’s all that and a bag of chips, AND lets everyone knows that he knows. He’s the guy you have a one night, or maybe weeklong, stand with. You may want to keep going, but he’ll set his sights elsewhere soon enough.

The charming man is usually the shy one. If he’s drop dead gorgeous, he keeps it to himself. He doesn’t flaunt it. He’s attentive in bed because he’s thoughtful. He might go maddeningly slow and not be overly experimental, but he’ll leave you satisfied. He’s the one you want to wake up to every morning because you know he’ll be with you forever.

Between Kirk and Spock, Kirk was the charmer. He had the ne’er-do-well glimmer in his eye, always had an eye for the ladies, he was the James Bond of the galaxy. He ruled the relationship, a woman had her place.

Spock kept his head down. While logical, he was half human, and those emotions were usually kept inside until he found ‘the one’. He was the quintessential strong, silent type. He was a take-control guy; even if it didn’t appear so, he really controlled the Enterprise. He respected women in all roles on the ship. Her place was where she wanted to be. Nothing sexier than that.

Yep, Mr Spock all the way 😉

• LizEverly
      May 16, 2013 at 6:21 am

Well put, Kemberlee. I’ve had way too many charmers in my life. For me, it’s Spock all the way!

• Kemberlee Shortland
        May 16, 2013 at 6:36 am

I think we need the charmers, at least while we’re young and have the energy for them 😉 But it’s a charming guy I’ll bring home for the long haul.

• madelineiva
          May 16, 2013 at 8:44 am

To me it comes down to vanity. A guy who knows he’s all that turns me off just a little. Like you, I’ll stick with Mr. Unassuming.

• LizEverly
          May 16, 2013 at 11:47 am

Oh yes! I agree. 😉

• madelineiva
      May 16, 2013 at 8:44 am

(Applauding,) Yup. I could not have said it better myself.

• Kemberlee Shortland
      May 16, 2013 at 9:17 am

It’s always the quiet ones you have to watch 😉

May 16, 2013 at 10:20 am

Kemberlee’s right. The quiet ones are only quiet on the outside. On the inside they’ve got all kinds of stuff going on . . . brooding, angst, lust, hunger . . . mmmm. The quiet ones. Definitely. 🙂

• Kemberlee Shortland
      May 16, 2013 at 10:32 am

Back when I first got on Facebook, I played with some of the Q&A apps. This particular one pulled names off my friend’s list. It asked something like, “In high school, did you want to make out with {insert name}?” I said yes. Of course, I didn’t know it would post on HIS FB page. He replied, “Really?” So I said, “Yeah, it’s always the quiet ones you have to watch.” His reply was, “Damn!” LOL

• cmkempe
    May 16, 2013 at 10:35 am

I don’t find much appeal in Kirk or Spock, but give me Karl Urban — a fan of his since Xena! 🙂

• LizEverly
      May 16, 2013 at 11:49 am

I miss Xena! What a great show. Well, maybe not “great” but certainly fun!

• cmkempe
        May 17, 2013 at 5:37 am

It was a terrific show and did a lot. I miss it too!

• madelineiva
      May 16, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Xena? He was in Xena???? Arg how have I missed these things?

• cmkempe
    May 17, 2013 at 5:40 am

Here’s a clip collection of Karl as Caesar.