Embracing the Dominatrix in You

By Liz Everly

Don’t you just love the word “dominatrix” ? It’s one of those words that sounds like what it is, isn’t it? Powerful. Kinky. Naughty. Alluring. Between Elizabeth Shore’s  post on sex toys, and Madeline Iva’s on BDSM, and the fact that my main female character in my next book is an ex-dominatrix, I thought it might be fun to explore some of the real “toys” these kick-ass women might use during play. What do you think?

"Say, please, Mistress!"

“Say, please, Mistress!”

In CRAVINGS, Sasha takes Sanj into a sex-toy store. When it comes to the sexy leather outfits, Sanj simply says “I want one of each for Sasha.” Wouldn’t that be nice, ladies? But Sanj gets an education while he shops there. Yes, there are paddles, whips,  and flogs, as you would expect.

images-4

But there are also collars:images-3

And there  are forced orgasm belts, strap-on dildos, nipple clamps, anal beads, and a  number of different kinds of restraints.

mE00tpBcuAcBTmpp0oUx8TA

If these don’t look like fun to you, maybe embracing your inner-dominatrix isn’t for you. Or maybe you need to take it slowly. But even though I’ve researched a bit, I’m just a casual—albeit intrigued— bystander. I’m not an expert in any way.

Just in case you’re interested, here’s a few blogs that you might fancy:

How to act like a dominatrix.

Being hired as a dominatrix.

One man’s experience with a Dominatrix.

Enjoy!

• cpmandara
    October 14, 2013 at 4:46 am

Embracing my inner dominatrix is right up my street ~grins~ Great post 😉

• LizEverly
      October 15, 2013 at 6:27 am

Not surprised to read that! 😉

• C. Margery Kempe
    October 14, 2013 at 5:21 am

It’s something that comes from within. A lot of people like to play at it, which is fine, but be on your toes if you encounter a true dominatrix. She won’t let you off easy!

• LizEverly
      October 15, 2013 at 6:29 am

I don’t think I’ve ever met one. I’ve seen interviews with a few on Youtube and read a lot about them. But I am sure you are right!

October 15, 2013 at 10:47 am

Sometimes I’d love to crack a whip to get the slow-moving gawkers outta my way when I’m trying to get somewhere in a hurry. Oh wait, but that’s not a dominatrix, that’s just me being impatient. Whoops!

Hmmm, do I have an inner dominatrix in me? Must ponder . . .

• LizEverly
      October 15, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I’m sort of afraid if I let mine out, she might never want to go back in! LOL.

• LizEverly
    October 15, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Reblogged this on Liz Everly and commented:

Inner Dominatrix, anyone?

• Madeline Iva
    October 15, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I was so fascinated by this movie-maker guy who’s very aggressive and self-centered and– straight? — Well, so he said, but he also just loved going to a dominatrix. (I think she not only beat him, but also had her way with him. If you know what I mean. And I think you do.) Why was he so pushy in general, but needed to be dominated in private? I’m still so curious about the conundrum he presented.

Any-hoo, I guess it takes oodles of talc or slippery stuff to get into all that pleather. Not easy, and not for those suffering from chronic yeast infections. By the by, I find it so fascinating that many dominatrix’s seem to think that they are not sex workers. I wonder how so?

• LizEverly
      October 15, 2013 at 6:35 pm

It’s my understanding that the pro-dominatrixes don’t think of themselves as prostitutes, but as sex workers. But probably most “regular” dominatrixes aren’t paid at all–it’s just who they are.