By Liz Everly
Am I the only woman who has a list of famous men she’d like to dance with? I wonder. Even though I’m not a professional dancer, I danced for many years, as do my daughters now, and I’ve spent a lot of time in dance studios and around other dancers. I don’t know if that’s why I’m so attracted to men who move well. I’ve never dated a sloucher or a man who shuffles his feet along as he walks. I like a man with confidence in his movement.
My list of men I’d like to dance with could go on a bit—I warn you. But I’ve decided to give myself a limit. I use the number five in many of my posts. So I decided to try to stick with that, but I went just a bit over.
- Mikhail Baryshnikov. The very definition of a gorgeous, graceful, elegant man. Can you imagine what it would be like to dance in his arms? It might be quite like floating.
- Patrick Stewart. Just one waltz, please, while wearing his Star Trek outfit. En-gage.
- Robert Duvall. Because I’ve always wanted to learned to Tango. And he lives in Virginia, so it could be arranged. (Robert, have your people call my people, okay?)
- Harry Connick Jr. Because, well, why not? He seems very graceful and he could sing in my ear as we dance. That’s always a plus.
- Dave Matthews. Because he rocks my world. I love watching Dave sing and move, rocking across the stage. And hey, in lives in Virginia, too. We need to go clubbing one night. Just one night will do.
- Tom Jones. The last time I saw him performing was just as energetic and raw as the first time. The man’s got some moves. 7. Usher.Very graceful and confident. Love to watch the man move. Even placing his sunglasses on…
So what do you think of my list? Are there any you’d add or subtract? Who would YOU like to dance with?