Lust in Brief: Recapturing the Potential of Sexting

Come on. You can do better than "What u doin," can't you?

Come on. You can do better than “What u doin,” can’t you?

By Alexa Day

Dick pics, clumsy conversation, and a general lack of discretion have given sexting a bad name, and that’s unfortunate. The cell phone is so ubiquitous that it’s become something of an annoyance. Texting in general is almost the same way; how often have we sent a text message to someone we could call in order to avoid actually having to speak to that person?

Sexting is starting down that road, too. Instead of the elaborate dance of flirtation and seduction that existed in the time before the telephone, sexting has reduced all that delicious interaction to a single picture (which could be of anyone’s dick, really), a request for validation (‘U likey?’), and the inevitable proposition. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

Are you wearing the black ones?

At its best, sexting can be elegant and intimate. It can be a chance to talk dirty to a partner while you’re at work and he’s surrounded by people. It can be a provocative whisper between lovers with thousands of miles between them.

On an endless conference call. Thinking of the way you taste.

Sexting can leave more to the imagination, which makes for some very cerebral stimulation. Where is he while he’s reading this? Are people watching him? Can they tell?

You left a mark. I decided not to cover it. Guess where it is.

And of course, sexting can also be the vehicle for everyday life viewed through lust-colored glasses. Just as we might text a partner to make sure the wine is properly chilled, one might text to make sure that partner is properly warm.

I haven’t forgotten about that spanking. If you’re not naked and waiting for me in an hour, there’ll be hell to pay.Love On A Spoon by CM Kempe - 100

The hot possibilities are endless, right? For a sizzling sexted power play, check out C. Margery Kempe’s “Text Play,” featured in her collection Love on a Spoon.

And be sure to try all this at home.

But before you do all that, be sure to follow Lady Smut.

• C. Margery Kempe
    March 23, 2014 at 7:03 am

Thanks, Alexa!

• Madeline Iva
    March 23, 2014 at 10:12 am

Wow. This post is sizzling, Alexa! Retweeting now.

• Alexa Day
      March 23, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Whoo hoo! Glad you enjoyed it. 😀

• Darla G. Denton, Writer
    March 23, 2014 at 10:26 am

Sexting can be a lot of fun if done right 🙂 My husband and I often tease each other while he is away on business trips. I would say add one more layer to your sexting fourplay by doing a voice recording of yourself replaying a sexy scene between you and your partner…in detail. That way they can play it back anytime they want. My husband was very grateful for that little gift lol and I have to admit, the idea of him listening to my voice while he is enjoying the fourplay I sent him had me feeling like a sex goddess for days!

• Alexa Day
      March 23, 2014 at 10:32 pm

That’s a great idea, Darla! Nothing like making technology work for you, right?

• ellaquinnauthor
    March 23, 2014 at 10:46 am

You lost me at spanking, but the rest was nice. Tweeted.

• Alexa Day
      March 23, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I’m on a spanking kick lately, I’m afraid. 😉 Thanks for the Twitterluv!

March 23, 2014 at 5:57 pm

What a fun post, Alexa! It’s nice to have a positive take on sexting because I do think there’s a place for it, and you’ve just reinforced my view. It’s been handled badly by teens and politicians, but in the right environment between consenting adults it can be a deliciously hot way to flirt.

• Alexa Day
      March 23, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Totally! Sexting works so well when people put the time and effort in. It’s just got so much potential — highly distilled sexiness with instant gratification.

• Alexa Day
    November 24, 2014 at 1:08 am

Reblogged this on Alexa J. Day and commented:

Some people think of what sexting is, and they abstain. I imagine what sexting could be … and I fear my phone bill.