Bad Girl Friday Jukebox

16 May

mancityby C. Margery Kempe

Okay, so sometimes I just have a bad attitude. I find it hard to write romance at times like that so it’s just as well I write noir crime and horror as well because it’s a lot easier to channel that. Although there’s something to be said for the ‘good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere!’ vibe (as one of my publishers put it).

I do have bad girl heroines like Shai in the first Man City volume. She’s a very naughty gal but she knows what she wants — and because she demands it, she gets it. But that’s not what I’m thinking of today. Today I just want to think of those songs that make you howl because the wordless squeal of guitars is sometimes the only thing that clears that bad mood out of your head and lets you get back to work. Sadly most angry songs have to do with break-ups. What about all the other things that make you angry?

“When I get what I want, I never want it again.”

“I don’t give a damn about my reputation.”

“I want to go to the devil.”

“I cheated myself like I knew I would.”

“You know better…”

“When I get mad…I make a list…of all the people who won’t be missed” (especially for the QoE).

What are your favourite bad girl anthems? Follow the Lady Smut crew and let your bad girl have her day.

13 Responses to “Bad Girl Friday Jukebox”

1. Harliqueen May 16, 2014 at 7:09 am #

I quite like Miley Cyrus- Can’t be Tamed 😀

2. Madeline Iva May 16, 2014 at 7:52 am #

Joan Jett is completely awesome.

• C. Margery Kempe May 16, 2014 at 9:18 am #

And completely genuine. I love that about her.

• Kel May 16, 2014 at 10:20 am #

Love some Joan Jett… pretty much any time. Although I can’t listen to her while I’m driving, or I get speeding tickets. 🙂

3. Chloe May 16, 2014 at 7:56 am #

I bloody love Eartha and “I want to be evil”! I like a bit of Pat Benatar, especially All Fired Up, when I’m feeling a bit grrrrrrrr.

• Chloe May 16, 2014 at 7:57 am #

Oooo and of course some Skunk Anansie. I Believed In You from their last album is a kicker.

• C. Margery Kempe May 16, 2014 at 9:18 am #

LOL, Skunk are good. I feel so sad that Pat Benatar’s no-talent husband thought he was the big star and kept shoving her into the background. What a voice she has!

4. Elizabeth Shore May 16, 2014 at 9:20 am #

Fun post! There are times when I just need to pop in the earbuds and crank my iPod screaming loud so I can block out the irritating people in the streets of NYC. Don’t get me wrong, I love my city, but with 8 million others who love it as well, it can get a little … frustrating at times. That’s when I bring on the Megadeath.

5. Kel May 16, 2014 at 10:18 am #

So, my angry music tends to be… uhm… Electronica. Usually without words, because when I’m angry, I don’t want to be. (Or Opera, but I might be a little odd.) Having said that, when I’m just not having fun but not quite angry yet, I adore “Bitch” by Meredith Brooks.

• C. Margery Kempe May 16, 2014 at 3:29 pm #

I was thinking of including Carmen’s aria! Defiance there for sure 🙂 I have a 2 CD set of German techno that is my ‘gotta meet a deadline’ music.

6. Madeline Iva May 16, 2014 at 9:31 pm #

What a really fun post! I hadn’t heard that Eartha Kitt song before – or Hole.