Open Submissions: City Nights!
The other exciting news comes from Tirgearr Publishing, who will release my steamy novella One Night in Rome on the 22nd of this month: the City Nights series is now open for submissions! Here’s the lowdown from Kemberlee Shortland:
THE CITY NIGHTS SERIES IS OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS AT TIRGEARR PUBLISHING
Please read the following guidelines before sending your submission.
For additional information, please see our FAQs — http://tirgearrpublishing.com/faqs.htm.
** Read other books in the series to see what we’re looking for — http://tirgearrpublishing.com/authors/City_Nights.
Then . . .
• Pick a city somewhere in the world that hasn’t been taken. (see the above link for the coming soon cities)
• Write a contemporary erotic romance that takes place within a 12-24 hour time frame.
• Novella length only (20-25K)
• All stories must be contemporary erotic romance — not erotica and not traditional romance. No f**k stories and no sweet romance.
• Your story *must* have character development and be well-plotted, etc. Story is key, but ramp up the sex. (50-50 guideline) We want a 4 heat factor: Hot with lots of sex, some language OK, some kink OK, toys OK . . . if you’re unsure, ask.
• YES — Good character development, good plot, strong author voice, sex indoor or outdoor OK, love and an HEA not required but HFN is required (happy for now) . . . think romance with more of sex.
• NO — Heavy BDSM (no punching/hitting/slapping, no welts, no blood, no extreme pain, etc) . . . if you’re unsure, ask. Please refer to our general no-nos on our submission guidelines: No pedophilia, bestiality, incest, rape, necrophilia, urolagnia, erotic asphyxiation, race/gender intolerance, etc. Also prefer no heavy drugs . . . if you’re unsure, ask.
• Each book title will begin One Night In . . . example: One Night in Boise, One Night in Paris, One Night in Rome, etc.
• We are currently publishing one book per month.
–>IMPORTANT NOTE: Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will be automatically deleted. Don’t waste your time or ours if you cannot provide what we’re asking for.
WHAT TO SEND
• your contact details
• short blurb* (see faqs)
• short author bio (incl: writing credits, awards, other achievements)
• brief comment about anything you think we should know, e.g. series info, other submissions, etc.
Synopsis* (see faqs): Must include the ending
! Please, do not put the synopsis at the end of your manuscript. Put it at the top if you’re going to include it in the same document as the manuscript, otherwise send it separately.
Full manuscript (double-spaced): We want the full manuscript. Must be in ‘ready to go’ condition, ie no first/rough drafts.
When you send your submission, please include the following —
Subject line: SUBMISSION: Book Title by Author Name
File name: Title your attachment: Book Title by Author Name.doc (or rtf)
*We only accept doc or rtf formats. Do not send PDFs.
Attachment: Attach your full manuscript and synopsis in one document file, i.e. chapters and synopsis in one document.
• Please be sure your attachment has your contact details on a covering page and each subsequent page has the book title, author name and page number.
• Please put (copy/paste) your cover letter in the body of your email. Do not include it with your attachment.
** Your submission must be CC’d to both of these emails!
Double check your submission before sending — Does it meet our requirements?
If you have additional questions about the submissions process, please see our FAQS — http://tirgearrpublishing.com/faqs.htm.
If our FAQ and submissions pages don’t have the answer for you, please email us.
Here are our general submission guidelines — http://tirgearrpublishing.com/submission-guidelines.htm.
City Nights submission Guidelines — http://tirgearrpublishing.com/authors/City_Nights
Website — http://tirgearrpublishing.com
Email — email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to CC both of these emails on queries and submissions)
** Please note that while Tirgearr Publishing cannot copyright the series title — City Nights (Series) — and the book titles — One Night in . . . — Tirgearr Publishing DOES retain the copyright and trademark on both when used together. Should your submission not be accepted and you wish to submit your work elsewhere, please keep this in mind. Thank you.