Sex in the Shower: Dangerous Adventure or Awesome on a Stick?

shower 1By Madeline Iva

On our Sexy Saturday Round Up someone posted a link to an article that stated how sex in the shower sucks. My mature response was nuh-unh! Sex in the shower is AWESOME.

Droughts aside, Here are 10 important reasons why SEX IN THE SHOWER RULES:

1)Boobs are great in the shower – all soapy. It’s an insta-cure for any body issues you may have.
2)Soapy butts—see boobs.
3)Backs are VERY sexy – you get a lotta back up close and personal in the shower.
4)Good smells in the shower – body scrubs, soaps, etc, all fun and fresh and clean.
5)The whole being tended to/caring thing.  You’re getting scrubbed up, washed down, and dried off.  Sometimes even taking turns.  I think it affects the body on the level of core biology to be tended to in this way and sets the mood for deep sexual bonding.
6) Temp control – if it’s hot, you instantly cool down.  On the other hand, if it’s cold, you instantly warm up. I spent a winter in an apartment with no heat in Northern climes and survived nights purely by means of hot showers with a hot guy.
7) Skin when wet is sexy—slippery. It’s also tasty. Sucking on someone’s neck or fingers or lips while water is pouring over them is fabulous.

Shower 2
8) That great shower stall echo makes it sound like you’re having even HOTTER sex than maybe you actually are.  Go ahead –inspire the neighbors.
9)There’s always something—or someone!–handy to lean against, to brace yourself against while you bend over to…um, wash your toes.
10) Basically grand monkey-sex is just waiting to happen in any shower.

About which – Yes, it’s a mild athletic challenge to have sex in the shower.  A woman has a choice of hand grips, foot grips, and her own sense of balance. Exciting and adding a tiny edge of danger to the proceedings is gauging how much weight the shower rod can handle, or your partner can handle, or how long you can balance on the ball of your foot and three toes–all while finding a few spots to brace yourself and push back. (How people will ever have sex in space I just don’t know.)
And the little things can add so much opportunity to shower sex. God how I love a well-placed towel rack.  Who was the genius who invented the little shelf in the shower btw? So—so helpful. The mind boggles at all that can be done with a little shelf handy.

Meanwhile, I love the new hotel showers with the incredibly solid metal shower bar that bows outward – (see my post on hotel sex post here). Brilliant! Big well placed mirrors often happen to be near showers – that’s fun too.

And whatever you’ve been doing in there, you can be instantly cleaned up in a jiffy. Shower 3

The only problem I ever had, with shower sex, alas, was when I was once with a guy in an older shower — i.e. claw foot tub with curtain. During our fun we didn’t realize the inner shower curtain had flopped out of the tub. We were interrupted by someone banging on the door to inform us that downstairs water was flooding through the ceiling. Oops!

At any rate, like all worthy enterprises, sex in the shower takes some caution.  Yet you are well repaid when after building up that steam-heat you can open up the bathroom door to go collapse into a heap on your bed afterwards. You haven’t just had a roll in the hay, you’ve traveled through steamy clouds and waterfall sprays, swung about like Tarzan, bellowed like a silverback, and finally returned to your home and bed with clean bodies on clean sheets, relaxed, happy, and–if you’re like me–ready to fall into a coma of contentment.

Speaking of adventure — come adventure with LadySmut and follow our blog.  We’ll steam you up seven days a week.

Sexy Saturday Round Up

Sexy Saturday Round Up

Sexy Saturday Round Up

• Kemberlee
    August 7, 2014 at 5:47 am

You forgot to mention the shower head only sprays one person at a time, small shower heads, poor water pressure, and freaking cold tiles when he pushes you against them. Or glass shower doors…our last shower was like a quarter wedge of a circle, the curved glass door taking up most of the wall space so no where to put your feet. Great for voyeurism though 😉

Now, pool or hot tub sex…

• Madeline Iva
      August 7, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Kemberlee — did you write that other post? Ha-ha. Clearly you’re seeing the down side here. Okay — pool, hot tub sex, I agree with you that these are probably more comfy–though I’ve actually done neither one, strangely enough. (How unlike me. Because usually if there’s water I’m there. I must have been a mermaid in another life.)

Meanwhile, I see one shower head as an opportunity to show generosity in a relationship…and DH is such a gentleman, he’s actually splashed hot water up over the tiles a few times to warm them — I hadn’t really thought about how thoughtful that gesture is until you mentioned it.

• Kemberlee
        August 7, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Only wrote the above post 🙂

Hey, let’s not discount bathtub sex…as long as the tub is deep and wide enough for two. I’m a big girl so I need extra space. Lots of surface area to keep warm! I guess I’m not much a stand-up lover…so to speak.

Heating up the tiles is a great gesture!

Of course my writer’s mind goes a little further…He’s had under-tile heating installed, like under-floor heating. Great gesture for his lady…but is she his only lady?! He must like shower sex to have under-tile heating put in lol (my mind also went there as my late cousin was a tile setter and he did this in his bathroom for the same reason…shower sex with the wife 😉 )

• Kel
        August 11, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Pool sex is… well, cold chlorine and requires bloody amazing breath control or you hit your head on whatever you’re hanging onto because of lack of leverage. And hot tub sex limits the amount of time you can spend actually in the hot tub, overheating happens really bloody fast. I’d rather a nice big shower any day… especially because usually the flooring next to the hot tub or pool leaves horrible gravel/rough-concrete burns on whatever parts touch it of whomever is on the bottom. And explaining those scrapes on the center of your spine and the inside of your thigh is… well… think road rash. It’s worse than carpet burn. (The towel always shifts… or tears. Always.) And don’t get me started on pool toys or floaties… just get a waterbed, way easier.

• Kel
      August 11, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Need to make your shower hotter, Kemberlee… that’ll take care of both the cold tiles and the problems with the water not hitting everyone. (You actually don’t want water pouring over you both the whole time… lubrication)

Of course, if you have issues with breathing/anxiety, be careful you don’t get the bathroom too steamy – panic attacks ruin sex. Seriously. 😉

• Barbara Mikula
    August 7, 2014 at 8:44 am

Good one, Madeline. I frequently put a sexy shower scene in my books – just for hotness and variety! You do have to be careful not to slip on the soap, however. LOL – Skye Michaels

• Madeline Iva
      August 7, 2014 at 2:54 pm

It’s the edge of danger that makes it so much fun. ;>

• Liz Everly
    August 7, 2014 at 9:25 am

I love the flooding story.Great post. 😉

August 7, 2014 at 11:14 am

I think shower sex is sexy in concept, but not so much in practice. The biggest problem for me is that soap burns my, um, lady parts. However, in the name of research, I’d be willing to give it another go. 🙂

• Barbara Mikula
      August 7, 2014 at 11:48 am

Yes, scientific research is important! LOL

• Madeline Iva
        August 7, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Yes! If I only got paid for what I was willing to try in the shower, Barbara. If only.

• Madeline Iva
      August 7, 2014 at 2:54 pm

On me the boobs are a long way from the lady bits, but yes, one must be careful there—

• Kel
      August 11, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Baby soap or shower oil is much better… Yay, Johnson & Johnson. Just don’t try to purposefully use it as lube, bring a real lube or use conditioner, carefully – a lot of them will degrade condoms.