Do You Want to Be A Rock-n-Roll Star?

30 Jan

by C. Margery Kempe

Piggybacking on my colleague’s post from yesterday, here are the reasons it’s sexy to be a rock-n-roll star. After all, the Lady Smut crew has been on tour for three weeks and we need to go out with a bang!

YOU OWN YOUR SEXUALITY

No one tells Joan Jett what’s sexy. She is and she knows it and if you don’t know it you will — or you’d best get out of her way.

YOU DON’T TAKE SHIT FROM ANYONE

L7 are reuniting! More mayhem coming our way. But don’t get on their list or you’ll regret it for sure.

YOU OWN YOUR BREAKUPS TOO

When things are good, they’re very good. But when things are bad you use it as your muse and you triumph over that pain. And if you’re Björk and someone leaks your CD, you just release it and foil their plans.

YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE GOOD

As Eartha taught us, it feels so good to be bad.

NOTHING DESTROYS YOU

Life hands you the worst and you survive and thrive and you never let it own you.

YOU DON’T LET ANYONE SHAME YOU FOR YOUR REAL SELF

Rihanna has humour about the way other people see her and she has had her troubles but she does not apologize for who she is and she can stand toe to toe with a legend like Madonna and shine.

YOU ARE WILD

Nobody can stop you. You are the sexy beast.

YOU WANT TO MAKE IT BIG

You aren’t willing to settle for a boring life, you want to speak your mind, play your songs and shout poetry at the world. People have the power to make you a star, but you are the one who has to have the dream and never give up on it through all the hard years and lean times. You can’t wait to be on the road, making your fans.

Speaking of being on tour, it’s the last stop on the Lady Smut tour at All I Want & More. Follow Lady Smut because we play louder, harder and faster 😉

20 Responses to “Do You Want to Be A Rock-n-Roll Star?”

1. C. Margery Kempe February 5, 2015 at 4:36 pm #

Reblogged this on C. Margery Kempe.

2. C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 4:15 pm #

LOL, but you know all the lyrics!

• C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 4:17 pm #

On a less flippant note, that song is all the things this post is *not* about: it’s not about wealth or groupies or fame. It’s about passion and creation.

• Liz Everly January 30, 2015 at 5:25 pm #

How could you not know those lyrics? They were everywhere. I didn’t WANT to know them, but I know them, too. Etched in my brain forever. Unfortunately. LOL.

• C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 5:57 pm #

Never heard the song. I don’t listen to commercial radio or watch much television except on Netflix. And maybe it was while I was in Scotland.

• Liz Everly January 31, 2015 at 7:28 am #

Ah-ha! You know, I wouldn’t listen to commercial radio, either–but I have two teenagers!

3. Elizabeth Shore January 30, 2015 at 12:50 pm #

This entire post reminds me of that Nickelback “Rockstar” song.

‘Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
    And live in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
    The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
    We’ll all stay skinny ’cause we just won’t eat
    And we’ll hang out in the coolest bars
    In the VIP with the movie stars
    Every good gold digger’s gonna wind up there
    Every Playboy Bunny with her bleached blond hair, and well
    Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

• C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 2:30 pm #

Wow, I never knew anyone who admitted to liking Nickleback O.O

• Elizabeth Shore January 30, 2015 at 3:03 pm #

Um, let’s be clear. I never said I liked Nickelback. Your post just reminded me of that song.

4. jayandrew25 January 30, 2015 at 11:38 am #

Where’s my best girl Laura Jane Grace? https://cbskroq2.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/laura-jane-grace0brad-barket-getty-images.jpg?w=1500

Liked by 1 person

5. C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 11:28 am #

I should have put links to some of my own stuff like this though it’s not ‘rock’ (more chanson).

6. Liz Everly January 30, 2015 at 10:27 am #

I think Stevie Nicks is badass, too. Beneath all of the filmy, beautiful clothes, she is a rocker and a lady of steel!

• C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 11:24 am #

I left out Kate Bush — I couldn’t add everyone! But do please all list your faves 🙂

7. Kel January 30, 2015 at 9:38 am #

While I adore music, there’s not enough love of music in the world to make me want to be a rockstar… do you know how hard they work?

ah… that is to say, I’m not nearly extroverted enough to enjoy the “fun” parts of being a rockstar- they’d just be work, too. But I do like going to shows and experiencing the live music and the pageantry for a little while before collapsing in exhaustion from the noise and the people and the output of energy to be among it. And I like reading Rockstar novels, because it’s like going to the show without having to put out all that energy for the experience.

Actually, I think Youtube has been the best benefit to music-loving introverts aside from live recording – we get the feel of a live performance without having to suffer through the crowds of one.

• Kemberlee January 30, 2015 at 10:00 am #

Why do you think most of them are coke heads…or have OCD, or both. I don’t think anyone has that king of natural energy.

I love rock shows too, though I detest the crowds. I like to sit back and appreciate the music, not get jostled around. Living the life? Only in fiction! I could never be a groupie.

• C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 11:26 am #

And what would be worth doing if it weren’t hard? 😉 But yeah, the books might be a little more my speed (though I may have some more performances coming up).

8. Kemberlee January 30, 2015 at 5:24 am #

I’d add Pat Benetar to that list of bad girls, and perhaps Debbie Harry. Whether you like their music or not, they had their own style and weren’t afraid to rock it.

• C. Margery Kempe January 30, 2015 at 11:24 am #

If only Benatar hadn’t been married to a second-rate guitarist who thinks he’s the star.

• Kemberlee January 30, 2015 at 11:32 am #

I never got that from her performances. But then, I only saw live on tv, not concerts.

Tell us what you think (but please respect the views of others)