Where Do You Draw the Line?

4 Aug

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 5.02.41 PMby C. Margery Kempe

No, no, I’m not talking about our bizarre sexual practices, I’m talking about something superficial for once. Clothes: yes, that’s right. People have been sharing this link to horrible 70s clothes and I have been having flashbacks. So where do draw the line? What’s the one item of clothing that you cannot take in a potential date?

• Eye-scorching shirt/blouse

• Cheap suit

• Tacky trousers

• Novelty socks

• Hideous accessories

• Nitwit knitwear

• Colours not found in Nature

What would you vote for? If you need inspiration, check out those 40 Cringeworthy Fashion ads. Vote early and often. Let’s hear your worst experiences!

Follow Lady Smut: we don’t do leisure suits.

6 Responses to “Where Do You Draw the Line?”

1. Miguel Gawlak August 31, 2015 at 6:59 am #

The officer committed fraud but drew the line at blackmail. It all depends on your concept of fiction and where you draw the line between fact and fiction.

2. Elizabeth Shore August 4, 2015 at 1:35 pm #

Jeans where the pockets hit right about at the back of the knees.

• C. Margery Kempe August 5, 2015 at 5:06 am #

Ha!

• Kel August 5, 2015 at 9:19 am #

Oooh, yes. Form should follow function. If clothing isn’t usable as clothing, what’s the point?

3. Kel August 4, 2015 at 12:53 pm #

I draw the line at both fabric content and colour…

Seriously, I dislike the 70s because of the obsession with fabrics that both felt and looked terribly uncomfortable. I don’t have a particular problem with overdone as a style (I like gothic, for example), but the overwhelming colour combinations in conjunction with fabrics that make skin itch are terrible.

i.e. Clothing from the 70s makes both my skin and my eyeballs crawl.

Liked by 1 person

• C. Margery Kempe August 5, 2015 at 5:06 am #

The colors were so so horrible! And I refuse to wear all those synthetics now. Cotton, silk and linen mostly.

Tell us what you think (but please respect the views of others)