The 2016 Lady Smut Read Hotter Challenge

by G.G. Andrew2016 Reading Challenge (1)

Since we here at Lady Smut love our hot reads, we’re trying something new for 2016: the Read Hotter Challenge.

Book challenges are a fun way to read books you might not have otherwise picked up and explore new stories, writers, and genres. The Lady Smut Read Hotter Challenge is no different. While you may already be planning to read that hot story your friend loves, maybe you weren’t going to pick up a romance penned by a dude or a book with new-to-you kink. With only ten items on the Read Hotter list, you can read a book a month for ten months, and leave an extra two months to read off-list. (Or more hot stories penned by dudes with new-to-you kink, perhaps?)

Print it out, share it on Pinterest, tell your friends. Then choose an item on the list and experiment. And, yes, cheating is completely okay. If you’re reading a hot novella about a guy you couldn’t bring home to mom and dad, go ahead and give yourself two checkmarks.

Thinking about trying out the Read Hotter Challenge? Post in the comments! And if you need suggestions on what to read, check out our recent recommendations, including Alexa Day’s recommendations for interracial romance.

I’ll touch base with you all later in the year to see how you’re doing with the challenge and what tasty stories we here at Lady Smut have found to mark off on our own lists.

Feel free to share the above graphic wherever you hang out on social media, and if you’d like to post about your awesome hot reads, you can use the tag #LadySmutReadHotter2016.

So, go ahead: read hotter in 2016. I know we will be.

• Madeline Iva
    January 1, 2016 at 8:53 am

An interesting list to contemplate. Think I’m going to start with interracial romances — I’ve been meaning to read more for quite some time.

• G.G. Andrew
      January 4, 2016 at 9:54 am

Me too! I’ve being meaning to read A Bollywood Affair especially, and a few others.

• Sheila Gallagher
    January 3, 2016 at 2:56 pm

I love reading challenges. This one looks fun.

• G.G. Andrew
      January 4, 2016 at 9:55 am

I hope you join, Sheila! Let us know if you find any awesome reads that fit these categories. You can post here, and/or use the #LadySmutReadHotter2016 hashtag 🙂

• Sheila Gallagher
        January 4, 2016 at 2:40 pm

Already started:

A romance set overseas:
        A love story penned by a dude:
        A story with a hero with magical powers–and fingers
        A romance with a new-to-you kink
        A book with main characters of a different race or culture than you: Evgeni: My Russian Savior by J. A. Fielding–African-American woman and Russian ex-mobster
        A short hot novella you read in one sitting:
        That book about a guy you couldn’t bring home to your parents:
        A love story set between 1900-1970
        That hot story your friend loves:
        A story with danger both in and out of the bedroom

• Madeline Iva
      January 4, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Yay Sheila!!!

January 4, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Sheila’s going to leave us all in the dust …

• Sheila Gallagher
      January 4, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Only ’cause I just retired. So I’ll clean my house in the morning and spend the afternoon reading or on the computer. Especially since winter has finally arrived,

• Sheila Gallagher
        January 23, 2016 at 6:58 pm

I’m updating my list:

A romance set overseas: Pride and Prejudice: Hidden Desires by Mitzi Szereto–Lusty group at Longbourne, Netherfield, Meryton, and Pemberly!

A love story penned by a dude:

A story with a hero with magical powers–and fingers

A romance with a new-to-you kink: Bridget Bound for the Fountain of Youth by J. R. Luxor–Fem Dom with sex slaves

A short hot novella you read in one sitting:

That book about a guy you couldn’t bring home to your parents: Jax: A Cocky Cage Fighter Novel by Lane Hart–cage fighter champ accused of rape

A love story set between 1900-1970

That hot story your friend loves:

A story with danger both in and out of the bedroom

• Sheila Gallagher
    December 30, 2016 at 8:19 pm

Well, I didn’t complete 2016’s challenge but I am going to update what I did read. I read 10 of the 12 categories. I will be do 2017’s challenge.

I’m updating my list:

A love story penned by a dude: Daddy Kissing Santa Claus by Max Walker

A story with a hero with magical powers–and fingers

A short hot novella you read in one sitting: Curing Doctor Vincent by Renea Mason

A love story set between 1900-1970: Stepbrother Rules by Renee Rose

That hot story your friend loves:

A story with danger both in and out of the bedroom: Think of England by K. J. Charles

• G.G. Andrew